On 3rd August, 2017, The college organized a seminar on the topic ‘Understanding GST’. The speaker for this session was Mr. Prakash Bhatia, a certified trainer on Goods and services tax by National Academy of Customs, Excise and narcotics. He threw light on various aspects of GST such as:
- What is GST and what taxes are subsumed under it.
- History of GST?
- Current taxation structure in India.
- Shortcomings in the present taxation system.
- Benefits with the introduction of GST.
- Indirect tax structure in GST regime.
- What are Taxable events?
- Proposed scenario.
- Supply under GST : meaning,taxation and types.
- Transfer: meaning and treatment.
- Input Tax Credit
- Registration under GST.
For vivid description, we are providing with the following document that includes all the above matters in cognitive and concise manner.