ABOUT SKILL DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
Skill Development Committee at Dyal Singh Evening College serves as an effective institutional arrangement primarily aimed to train and place our students from different disciplines in the best known corporate entities all over India. Skill Development Committee has been actively engaged in organizing various Seminars, Motivational Lectures, Drills and Guidance programs related to campus placement and training of students. In this academic session, Skill Development Committee has organized the following activities:
- On 2nd November, 2016 a lecture on “Curriculum Vitae” was organised by the Skill Development Committee. The aim of the lecture was to help students develop a CV that provides an overview of their experience and other qualifications for a job opportunity.
- Another lecture on “Personal Interview” was organised by Skill Development Committee on 2nd November, 2016. The aim of the event was to help the students develop their personality, enhance communication skills and make them competent and confident for the Interviews.
- On 6th February 2017, a workshop on Content Writing and Advertising, titled “Mad People are Ad-People” was organised by the Skill Development Committee. The workshop was conducted by Mr. Allen Charles, Creative Group Head at Hakuhodo.
The event was successful in brushing up student’s creative skills and thought process.
- The Skill Development Committee organised an orientation cum workshop in collaboration with the Placement Cell. The event also saw the conduction of Young India Challenge Inquisitive, an Aptitude test by Career Launcher took place in the college campus on 17th August, 2017.
- A Seminar was conducted in collaboration with the Skill Development Committee on How to do well in Extempore, on 22nd September, 2017 by Vikrant Kathuria.
- A seminar cum workshop on CV Building by Dr. Sapna Dudeja was organized to enlighten fresher graduates and students with the basics of recruitment principles.
- Conducted Jaipuria Quiz League on 3rd September, 2017.
- The Skill Development Committee received National Felicitation by the Confederation of Indian Universities, and has been felicitated with National Skill Resources Award on 3rd December 2017.
- The Committee organised an interactive session on Potential Building by speaker Ms. Rakhi Softa Sharma, on 5th February, 2018.
The events organised were made possible under the convenorship and guidance of Dr. Sumita Puri.