Placement Cell at Dyal Singh Evening College is continuing as an effective institutional arrangement primarily aimed to train and place our students from different disciplines in the best known corporate entities all over India. It also ensures exposure to corporate insight by way of providing access to various internship opportunities. The College Placement Cell began with a vision to make students employable and subsequently invite reputed firms for placement drives.
Placement Cell has organized the following activities:
- Pooled internship and placement drives have also been made possible by the efforts of the Placement Cell in other esteemed colleges, FIS Global Campus being one of the recent such drives, held on 6th February, 2018, where out of 230 candidates, 5 candidates got selected, out of which 1 student was from Dyal Singh Evening College.
- The Cell has served as a platform for internship opportunities to freshers and graduates with companies like Career Launcher, Declathon, Delberto, Pioneer Newspaper, among others.
- Genpact, being one of our biggest recruiters has hired 32 students from various courses on the Drive conducted on 19th January, 2018.
- The Placement Cell organised an orientation cum workshop in collaboration with the Skill Development Committee on 17th August, 2017. The event also saw the conduction of Young India Challenge Inquisitive, an Aptitude test by Career Launcher.
- The events organised were made possible under the convenorship and guidance of Dr. Sumita Puri.
- A workshop cum seminar was conducted by Ensemble on 23rd August, 2016 to help students prepare for “Group Discussion” along with how to succeed in competitive exams.
- A talk titled “Making Students Employable” was organised by the College Placement Cell on 14th September, 2016. The key speaker for the event was Mr. Hanumant Sabherwal from IBS Gurgaon.
- An aptitude test titled “Young India Challenge” was conducted by Career Launcher on 14th September, 2016 after the talk “Making Students Employable.” Harris Mohammed and Shivam Kaurav received trophy for semi final of “Young India Challenge.”