1. IDENTITY CARD
After admission to the College every student will be issued an Identity Card. He/She is expected to present it, as and when required. Failure to do so will render a student liable to disciplinary action. The card must be returned when the student leaves the College.
Students are expected to observe strict discipline in the College. Any violation thereof will entail severe punishment.
3. PROHIBITION OF RAGGING
Students are expected to observe strict discipline in the College. Any violation thereof will entail severe punishment:
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited, within the premises of College/Department or Institution and any part of Delhi University system as well as on public transport.
- Any individual or collective act or practice of ragging constitutes gross indiscipline and shall be dealt with under this Ordinance.
- Ragging for the purpose of this Ordinance, ordinarily means any act, conduct or practice by which dominant power or status of senior students is brought to bear on students freshly enrolled or students who are in way, considered junior or inferior by other students and includes individual or collective acts or practice which :
- involve the status, dignity, and honour of students;
- violate the status, dignity, and honour of students;
- violate the status, dignity, and honour of students belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Tribes; express students to ridicule and contempt and affect their self-esteem;
- entail verbal abuse and aggression, indecent gestures and obscene behavior.
a) The Principal of a College, the Head of the Department or an Institution, the authorities of College, of University Hostel of Hall or Residence shall take immediate action on any information of the occurrence of ragging.
b) Notwithstanding anything in Clauses (4) above, the Proctor may also suo moto enquire into any incident of ragging and make a report to the Vice-Chancellor on the identity of those who have engaged in ragging and the nature of the incident.
The Principal has the power to detain a student in any class or debar him from being sent up for a University Examination under the relevant University Rule (58 Ref.A.C.No.78 dated 15-7-60 and No.269, dated 8-12-60).
5. ATTENDENCE RULES
All students are expected to attend classes regularly. University Rules require a minimum attendance of 66.66% both in lectures and in tutorials/preceptorials/practicals separately, held in each subject, falling which a student shall not be allowed to appear for the University Examination.
- It is the responsibility of the student(or his/her guardian) to ascertain periodically from the College Office, or the teachers concerned, his/her attendance position.
- Students, who fall sick during the year, or attend recognized camps, and tournaments, etc., must submit certificate/s of participation in such camps and tournaments for such period of absence to the College Office immediately and obtain a receipt thereof, so that due credit for attendance is given to them in accordance with the rules and laid down in this respect by the University.
- Students should note that these rules are laid down by the University and no relaxation whatsoever is possible. These rules are rigidly enforced.